Boy, it seems like we just celebrated New Years for 2016 and now the year has come to an end. That may be a testimony to my advancing age or simply that I truly enjoy what I do, solving customers’ challenges and making them more profitable. In any case, I always find it a great exercise to review the past year and set the course for 2017.
As I look back at 2016 and what stood out to me, here are a few that come to mind:
- I would be remiss to not mention the crazy presidential election process. No matter what side you were on, I think we can all agree that was one for the ages. I simply pray that we can come together as one Nation, under God, indivisible by all and get this country and economy healthy for all.
- 2016 was full of M & A activity. We saw a major stretch film producer Paragon films sell to a private equity firm, continued consolidation of independent corrugated sheet plants, the melding of two national distributors into one entity and the struggles to get that right, purchases, sell offs, spin offs, etc.
- The sad passing of some celebrity icons like Muhammad Ali, David Bowie, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Fidel Castro, John Glenn and Florence Henderson to name a few.
- Marijuana sales allowed by select states surpassed $1B in annual revenues- who would have dreamed this even five years ago?
- ISIS, Syria, Iraq-all in the news daily for the horror and sadness surrounding these people, these lands, these conflicts.
- Shame on me if I didn’t mention that hell did not freeze over and the Chicago Cubs did in fact win the World Series! What a series it was after waiting 108 years for this to happen!
You see, there were www.buy-trusted-tablets.com many highs and lows in 2016, as well as many changes. The sun still comes up each morning and sets each evening. As hard as it can be, we need to carry on and also realize that what is reported most often is the negativity going on around the world. We hear very little about the good that also shines brightly every day. For me, it is in that brightness that I find my strength and make it my responsibility to add to this light in my own actions.
I look forward to 2017. As we see a surge in the stock market, interest rates are starting to tick up indicating some strengthening of our economy, unemployment numbers are starting to rebound and the crazy election process is behind us for now. I hope you all join me in making 2017 the year of adding our own light to the good in this world and focusing on the many positives that take place every day.
Thank you for your continued support in 2016, and we look forward to an even better 2017.